Want to make a peach cobbler your family and guests will line up for? Do you need an excuse to sneak down to the kitchen late at night and enjoy a mommy snack alone? Try this yummy treat!
Prep Time: 30 mins
Cook Time: 35 mins
What You Need:
Two 29 oz cans of sliced peaches in heavy syrup
3/4 cup of brown sugar
3/4 cup of white sugar
1 stick of butter (or margarine)
1 tbsp of Cinnamon
1 tsp of Nutmeg
1 tsp of Vanilla extract
4 deep-dish pie crusts
9×13 baking pan
- If frozen, thaw out pie crusts until they are cool to the touch (not warm and gooey) and heat oven to 350 degrees.
- Open both cans of peaches, drain most of the juice from each can, and place peaches into a medium saucepan on top of stove.
- Combine sugar, butter, Cinnamon, Nutmeg, Vanilla and stir.
- Cook on high and bring to a boil. (Optional: take a knife and gently slice peaches and butter into smaller cubes).
- Reduce heat to medium and cook for an additional 10 minutes.
- Take 2 pie crusts and combine them into a ball. With a rolling pin, roll the dough flat and thin into the shape of the pan (doesn’t have to be perfect). Tip: you may want to sprinkle a little flour onto your surface first so that the dough does not stick.
- Take the crusts and cover the bottom and sides of the banking pan. You may need to pinch the crust to stretch it. Make sure all surfaces are covered evenly.
- Pour the cooked peach filling into the pan.
- Take the remaining 2 pie crusts and combine them into a ball. With a rolling pin, roll the dough flat and thin.
- Cut out even strips to cover the length and width of the pan.
- As you cut each strip, you can begin to weave each one into a lattice on wax paper or a cutting board as you go. If you do not wish to weave, simply lay the strips onto the pie, one row on top of the other. Then skip to step 6
- The finished lattice should be the same size of your pan.
- Carefully and quickly flip the lattice onto the top of your cobbler.
- Sprinkle a tad of white sugar evenly across the top. This will create a decadent sparkle affect.
Bake & Serve:
- Place the peach cobbler into the oven and bake at 350 degrees for 30-40 minutes, or until crust turns golden-brown.
- You may serve hot, or wait until it cools.
Top Secret Tip: This peach cobbler tastes great with a scoop of vanilla ice cream!