Grocery shopping has become the bane of my existence! From my kids asking for everything they see, to me gasping at my check-out bill, to us all lugging countless grocery bags into the house, this standing Saturday chore is anything but fun. My life changed when I discovered online grocery shopping and I wondered, why didn’t I think of it sooner? Peapod happens to deliver to my area and I am happy to share some of the amazing benefits of online grocery shopping with you.
- You can grocery shop in 10 minutes from anywhere! Did you ever think you could grocery shop on the train to work, on your lunch break, or even in bed? The Peapod app is always accessible and keeps a list of all your past purchases. You can quickly peruse the list and add items to your cart. Your cart even stays active when you close out of the app, making it easier to add items during the week as you remember to do so.
- No-kid shopping. The beauty of online grocery shopping is that you don’t have to lug the kids… in and out of the car, into the shopping carts, your poor little ones buried by fresh produce and snacks. Not to mention, adding a baby carrier to the mix only creates less room for your items and sometimes requires 2 carts. Try pushing 2 carts simultaneously and you’ll be a sight for sore eyes! If your kids are anything like mine, they are saying “can I have,” and “oooooh!” down every aisle. We sometimes end up with countless items they will never eat anyway.
- The app is a genius. Really, there is a genius button that loads your cart based on past shopping tendencies. It doesn’t get better than that!
- It saves money. When I leave a grocery store, half of my items were thrown in my cart impulsively. “Yes, I do need those freshly baked brownies!” and “thanks for that cupcake sample, I’ll take 10!” When grocery shopping online, I quickly load my cart based on items bought in the past, without getting emotionally sucked into impulse purchases. I don’t get mesmerized walking through the bakery or tempted with random snacks I don’t need.
- Easier to Budget. No surprises at the checkout! On Peapod’s app, your cart balance updates real-time as you add items. You can add or remove items easily to stay within your budget. Grocery shopping made easy!
- Comparison shopping has never been easier. If you type in “cheese,” for example, you will get many brands, sizes, and types to choose from.
- Nutritional Content. Do you have an allergy, or need to maintain healthy eating? You can quickly click in and out of each item, reading the nutritional content. You can immediately see which products contain nuts or gluten.
- Try new recipes. Have you ever spent 30 minutes walking from aisle to aisle, collecting all the strange and unique items for your new recipe? Well not anymore! Can we say Easy Button? Peapod offers an array of recipes that link directly to your cart. With the touch of a button, you have everything you need for that new dish you’ve been wanting to make.
- Substitutions. If your item is out, Peapod will substitute it with something similar.
- Reviews. When clicking on an item, you can see how other shoppers rate it.
- They even sell wine. Enough said.
- And diapers. Peapod has an array of baby products from diapers to lotions.
- And everything else. Toilet tissue? Check. Paper cups? Check. Feminine hygiene products? Check. Peapod has it all!
- Delivered right to your kitchen counter. No more trips from the car or carrying heavy, ripped bags. Your Peapod driver will deliver your items right to your kitchen!
- Flexible delivery times. Peapod allows you to choose when you receive your items. Are you a morning person? They can be there by 6 am. Late at night? You bet. There is a time for everyone. Peapod also gives the option to pick your order up directly from the store.
If Peapod is not in your area, be sure to check out other online grocery shopping options including Amazon, FreshDirect, Amazon Pantry and NetGrocer.