As we head into autumn, we look towards yummy, hot meals that keep our family happy and satisfied. Need something that makes a wonderful leftover? Try this savory recipe. You probably have most of the ingredients in your kitchen already.
Prep Time: 15 mins
Cook Time: 40 mins
What You Need:
1 lb. of ground beef or turkey
One 15 oz. can of tomato sauce
1.5 cans (each can is about 15oz) of kidney beans
1 small onion chopped
1/2 green pepper chopped
3 garlic cloves chopped
1/2 tsp seasoning salt
1/2 tsp garlic powder
1/2 tsp onion powder
1 tsp chili powder
1/2 tsp sugar (optional)
1 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1 tomato diced
1/2 cucumber chopped
3 scallions chopped
- On top of the stove, add meat, onion, green pepper, garlic cloves, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, chili powder, and sugar to a large pot. To keep it mild, use less chili powder. To make it hot, use more. Cook on medium until the meat is brown.
- Taste the meat and add more seasoning if necessary.
- Drain meat and place it back into the pot.
- Add kidney beans and tomato sauce. Stir.
- Cook on high heat until the chili reaches a boil.
- Reduce heat to low, and simmer for 25-30 minutes. (note: powder becomes hotter the longer you simmer)
Serve hot, and add fixings of choice to each helping.