Who doesn’t love a good bowl of guacamole? It’s delicious, healthy (but watch those chips!) and it’s super easy to make. As an avocado lover, I could eat guacamole every day. Here’s my super easy guacamole recipe. You only need four ingredients plus seasoning! How simple is that?
- 3 large or 4-5 small avocados
- 1 medium tomato
- 1/4 cup finely chopped white onion (some prefer red onion, that’s fine too!)
- juice from 1 lime (or 1-2T of lime juice)
- Cilantro and jalapeño (optional)
- Seasoned salt
- Garlic Powder
- Chop the tomato and onion and toss into a bowl.
- Open and slice the avocados, removing and discarding the seeds. Add the avocado to the onion and tomato. Tip: I like to slice my avocado inside the skin like a grid, then scoop it out with a spoon. If you’re a little wary, here’s a tutorial and a video on how to slice an avocado.
- Squeeze/pour in the lime juice and stir.
- Season to taste. Feel free to add cilantro, jalapeño and any other seasonings you like. Stir once more to incorporate the seasoning and any extra ingredients.
Serve it Sassy:
Here’s a fun way to serve your guac. A good friend of mine serves her guacamole and salsas from bell peppers. Grab a few different colors, slice off the top, remove seeds and fill with your dip. Place the pepper in the center of a platter or bowl, and surround it with your favorite tortilla chips My favorite is Tostitos Classic Cantina Chips). Bell peppers are inexpensive, and they’ll add color and character to your presentation.
Yup, it’s that easy. And if you’re looking to save time, here’s a hack to make it even easier: buy a small container of pico de gallo, a mild salsa, in the produce section of your supermarket. Use this instead of a tomato and onion. It will save you lots of time and tastes just as good. Pico de gallo often comes with cilantro, so keep that in mind.
Talk to us!
So how do you like your guac?Mild? Spicy? Add shrimp or mango? We want to know! Weigh in on our Community Forum.