As I watch my children grow, I often daydream about the life I want them to lead and think of ways I can prepare and expose them for what is to come. I won’t always be able to block them from negativity and I cannot promise everything will always go their way. But I will give them the tools to succeed and wish for the best.
20 wishes I have for my children as they grow
I hope my children:
- Are never bullied.
- Never bully others.
- Find a school subject that drives their passion.
- Fall in love with an extracurricular sport or discover a beautiful talent.
- Meet a childhood buddy that grows into a lifelong friend.
- Learn to love and appreciate many different types of foods.
- Friend and embrace those with different abilities.
- Find joy in paying it forward.
- Develop empathy for the less-fortunate and serve those in need.
- Have a love for animals, life, and sustainability.
- See and identify the value and talent in others.
- Like to think and be intellectually stimulated.
- Meet an awesome teacher that changes their entire perspective on learning.
- Use their imagination and drive to develop an entrepreneurial spirit at a young age.
- Love their bodies and have positive self-images.
- See the world as half-full and always find the silver lining in everything they do.
- Encourage others to succeed because there is enough sunshine for us all.
- Speak up for those without a voice and defend the weak.
- Develop a love for reading and find themselves lost in books and literature.
- Become leaders and stand strong through adversity.
What wishes do you have for your own children? Please let us know and share this blog!